Just an update to let everyone know that we may be getting some answers soon as to Parker's troubles. I have been frustrated that all the expensive medicine Parker is on is not helping the reflux. He seems to have a reaction to most foods by spitting up or breaking out in a rash. Hyrum and I just want to figure out what we can do to help the fella. I went with Parker to our Gastro doctor and she agreed that this is frustrating. She has suggested that we get some tests done. So, next Tuesday we go to the new Lavine's Children's Hospital in Charlotte. Parker is going to have an upper endoscopy which will look at his esophagus, stomach, and small intestine. While they are there they will also take some biopsies of his belly to analyze. I guess we will have to let you know what they find because I am not 100% sue what they are looking for. Whatever it is I hope it gives us some answers. In addition, they also want Parker to have a PH probe/impedance monitoring (whatever that means) done. I am not well versed in all this but basically they will put a tube down his nose and into his stomach and monitor how much acid is produced and what is happening in his stomach over a period of time. He has to go under general anesthesia for this and I don't like that but hopefully we get some answers and get Parker some relief. Thank goodness school is out for 7 weeks :)
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Tummy trouble
Just an update to let everyone know that we may be getting some answers soon as to Parker's troubles. I have been frustrated that all the expensive medicine Parker is on is not helping the reflux. He seems to have a reaction to most foods by spitting up or breaking out in a rash. Hyrum and I just want to figure out what we can do to help the fella. I went with Parker to our Gastro doctor and she agreed that this is frustrating. She has suggested that we get some tests done. So, next Tuesday we go to the new Lavine's Children's Hospital in Charlotte. Parker is going to have an upper endoscopy which will look at his esophagus, stomach, and small intestine. While they are there they will also take some biopsies of his belly to analyze. I guess we will have to let you know what they find because I am not 100% sue what they are looking for. Whatever it is I hope it gives us some answers. In addition, they also want Parker to have a PH probe/impedance monitoring (whatever that means) done. I am not well versed in all this but basically they will put a tube down his nose and into his stomach and monitor how much acid is produced and what is happening in his stomach over a period of time. He has to go under general anesthesia for this and I don't like that but hopefully we get some answers and get Parker some relief. Thank goodness school is out for 7 weeks :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
((hugs)) Poor little guy! It's so frusturating when even the Docs have no idea whats wrong and they don't explain it well. My Anna has to see a surgeon on friday about a lump on her side. It's just terrible that our kids have to go through so much so young,
Post a Comment