Today we went to Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood pool for the first swim of the summer :) I couldn't believe my eyes but Ian actually swam/doggy paddled the entire perimeter of the pool TWICE by himself! Now, by himself does mean with floaty's on his arms and a pool noodle and an adult beside him but it is a big step as Ian pretty much wouldn't leave the stairs of the pool or clung to us for dear life if we went out in the water last summer. He insisted on going out to the deep end and after I had my worry time I gave in and let him go with Daddy and Grandpa :) Parker also enjoyed himself and we had a hard time convincing him to finally get out when it was time. He enjoyed floating on his back and bobbing around in his raft. I have included some pictures below.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
First swim of 2010
Things have been very busy around here and the school year is finally winding down. This Memorial Day weekend we decided to enjoy ourselves.
Today we went to Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood pool for the first swim of the summer :) I couldn't believe my eyes but Ian actually swam/doggy paddled the entire perimeter of the pool TWICE by himself! Now, by himself does mean with floaty's on his arms and a pool noodle and an adult beside him but it is a big step as Ian pretty much wouldn't leave the stairs of the pool or clung to us for dear life if we went out in the water last summer. He insisted on going out to the deep end and after I had my worry time I gave in and let him go with Daddy and Grandpa :) Parker also enjoyed himself and we had a hard time convincing him to finally get out when it was time. He enjoyed floating on his back and bobbing around in his raft. I have included some pictures below.



Today we went to Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood pool for the first swim of the summer :) I couldn't believe my eyes but Ian actually swam/doggy paddled the entire perimeter of the pool TWICE by himself! Now, by himself does mean with floaty's on his arms and a pool noodle and an adult beside him but it is a big step as Ian pretty much wouldn't leave the stairs of the pool or clung to us for dear life if we went out in the water last summer. He insisted on going out to the deep end and after I had my worry time I gave in and let him go with Daddy and Grandpa :) Parker also enjoyed himself and we had a hard time convincing him to finally get out when it was time. He enjoyed floating on his back and bobbing around in his raft. I have included some pictures below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fun! It was a good weekend for swimming!
Aw... Sounds like you all had a great time. Wish Josh and I could be there. We'd love to go swimming with our nephews! -- Cherold
Post a Comment