Ian and Mommy let our butterflies go "up in the sky" yesterday. The butterflies all came out of their cocoons and we gave them flowers and sugar water but they wanted to fly. I told Ian it was the best thing to do and the way nature is. He was a little sad but wanted them to be happy. We went out in the front yard and opened up their net. I ended up having to reach in and put them on my finger for them to fly off. Below are some pictures of the release. They were so pretty and I feel that Ian learned so much from the experience. I would encourage anyone with kids to do this if they can. Thank you Grandad Bill for the experience :)
We have to let you go now butterflies



He really held on to my finger-Ian wouldn't hold him

Bye, bye butterflies!
No comments:
Post a Comment