Saturday, January 24, 2009

Update on Ian 1/24

Ian is doing a little better on oxygen-when he is on the oxygen (which is all the time now) he has some energy and has recently gotten out of the bed. We can't leave until he can be off the oxygen. When they remove the oxygen he is real weak and tired as his O2 levels drop fast. It is very hard seeing him like this. I hate being in the hospital but at least we are around great doctors and nurses. He had another chest x ray yesterday and found his right lung was slightly improved but he still had a lot of fluid throughout. He had a Cat scan on his sinuses and they found lots of swelling and infection there. He is on 3 antibiotics and got an IV last night for fluid. He was getting really dehydrated. We may be here at the hospital a while. Next Wednesday Ian has more tests with his lungs. The doctors still don't know why he has such weak immunities and is so susceptible to respiratory distress. We will hopefully have more answers after the brachioscope where they take a camera down in his lungs. Parker is sick also with RSV and on breathing treatments at home with Grandma. I am REALLY hoping he improves and won't be in the hospital like Ian. I am touched by everyone's kind words and support. Please pray for answers and strength. Love you all!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for the update, Allie. I saw a couple of mobile pictures of Ian on fb. Glad he's improving slightly. I'm so sorry your little guys are dealing with so much. I'm continuing to pray for both the boys, for answers to Ian's issues, and for all of you to be HOME. Hang in there, girl!! ((HUGS))

Annie Beth said...

I'm so sorry that the BOTH have RSV. That's terrible. Poor Ian is at a bad age for having to be in the hospital. Not young enough to be oblivious, but not old enough to be able to fully process the situation. Do you need any food or childcare?