Not much new to report today. Parker is still in the hospital and Ian is resting at home. On the advice of many friends and family I have decided to just focus on each moment and try not to become overwhelmed. I am also not going to do research or think about everything that could be wrong. I have found comfort in the last couple days in returning to faith and the strength God can give us. Last night, my wonderful friends Melissa and Annie Beth came and held Parker and prayed with us. Thank you friends :) I have been so touched by everyone's words of encouragement. Thank you!
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak......but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Isaiah 40:29-31
5 comments:
Allie,
I had heard so much about you before Christmas that it was great to
finally meet you and Hyrum and the boys when you were down for
Christmas. Josh sent me a link to your website, and I have been
reading updates on what is happening with your family. I hated to
hear that Ian and Parker are so sick. My heart goes out to you. If
I were closer, I would offer to help in some tangible way, but I am
not. So, I am praying for you and for the boys, and I have shared
the prayer request with my regular prayer partners and they are
praying for you all as well. I hope and pray that both boys are
well very soon, that God will give you strength and peace as you
take care of your precious boys, and that God will guide the doctors
minds and hands as they treat the boys.
Philippians 4:6-7 (HCSB)
Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and
petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your
hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I'm so glad you have friends and family, both far and near, to support and pray for you. Keep focusing on the Healer, not the disease, on the Provider, not the need.
I'm continuing to pray for your precious boys.
We love you, Allie. :-)
And ALL of your Benton Heights family is thinking of you and praying for you, Ian, Parker, and Hyrum.
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I am so glad that Melissa and AB could be there with you physically, what wonderful women of God!...you are in my heart, my friend! Praying for you and your family often :)
Post a Comment