Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Witnessing History

It snowed today and I will post pictures but I want to shift my focus onto the historical events of yesterday and today. Today is a snow day at school and what a historic day to have a snow day. As I sit with my babies and husband and watch the goings on before the inauguration I am just overcome with hope and optimism that maybe this change in power will help make way for my children to have a better future. To watch the TV and see MILLIONS of people standing in the cold to see Mr. Obama take the Oath of Office. No matter your political views we must embrace and respect our new president. I know that everything will not be fixed by tomorrow but just having the hope that we can come together and make some change is motivation enough. Just looking at the crowd- dignitaries, teachers, housewives, persons of every race, every religious view, every political view, standing together to witness history. Obama will take the oath of office on the bricks laid by slaves and in the audience ordinary people who have seen more injustices than I will ever or have ever seen in my lifetime. It is pretty overwhelming.

I have included a picture from this morning in Washington D.C. and videos which hold amazing historical significance and paved the way for what will happen 1 hour from now. At heart I am a history buff. Today is a historic day for everyone!

All men (and woman) are created equal in the eyes of the Lord.....




http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/POLITICS/01/20/obama.inauguration/t1wide.happening.cnn.jpg



No comments: